Monday, February 19, 2024

Musical Analysis #1 - Can't Help Falling in Love with You


History

The song I picked for my first musical analysis is a song sung by Haley Reinhart 'Can't Help Falling in Love with you.' The original recorded artist for this song is Elvis Presley. He is also the published artist for the song in the Blue Hawaii 1961 album. It was written by Hugo PerettiLuigi Creatore, and George David Weiss. The Genre of this song falls under Pop. The song was also featured in the movie Blue Hawaii 1961. It is seen as one of the greatest songs by 'Rolling Stone' in 2012. The song is the most popular choice for couples as the song for the first dance at their wedding.

Interesting Facts

The melody is based on "Plaisir d'amour," sung by Andrea Brocelli. The song was originally written for a female singer because the original title was 'Can't help Falling in Love with Him.' In the First and Third end of the line, it says 'in' and 'sin' to rhyme with 'Him' instead of words that rhyme with 'You.' The song is played in the Key D Major. Below is a link for you to see the Chords of the song being played and the bridge of the song as well.


Musical Elements

I fell in love with this song because of the Melody and the Lyrics. This song gives a very soothing mood to the audience and it is a very romantic song. I love how this song can be easily play by a musical instrument or be sung. It is a very famous song and I love that many artist have sung this song as a cover. This song is used a lot in weddings and the moment you play the melody of the song, the audience can recognize how famous it is. When I close my eyes and listen to this song it just makes me feel like I am falling in love. It feels soft like what love should feel like and it has this sense of comfort in how smooth the melody is. It is very favorable to the audience because it does give a very vintage taste of melody that many current songs don't have. I really enjoy the different variety of instruments it can be play off from, like the ukulele, or the piano. Below are links to two audio videos of the song, the original America Song Artist Elvis Presley, and my personal Favorite Haley Reinhart.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Emely! Thank you for sharing about this song! I don't think I've ever heard it all the way through, and I agree with you that it has an old timey feel to it. I can just hear Elvis' voice coming over a raspy radio. I found on Songfacts that in the movie, Blue Hawaii, Elvis actually sings it to his love interest's grandmother for her birthday, which I think adds to the song's sweet tenderness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also Really like this song. It has a great vibe to it and the lyrics are super soothing and romantic. As it happens, the Haley Reinhart version of the song is also my favorite! Her voice fits the song really well I think.

    ReplyDelete

Music Serves as a Societal Role - Exploring Music that Impact Society and Inspires Change in Politics

Thesis Music inspires change and influences political stance in a variety of different ways. Exploring Music "This Land is your Land&qu...