Wednesday, February 7, 2024

My First Blog Post!

 Hi! My name is Emely and Welcome to My Blog! I really want to share with you how much music means to me and the kind of music I love to listen to. I also am into exploring different kinds of music, especially music I never heard of before. I really started to get into music when I was 7 years old. My Parents threw big Christmas parties and we always had Bachata, Reggaeton, or Merengue playing. I began to love the sound of the instruments and the power they had over people dancing. I now listen to all kinds of genres English and in Spanish. I really love instrumental covers that artist play, and I absolutely love how music makes me feel. I use to play the Flute when I was in middle school and I still can recall a couple of keys. I sadly had to stop playing because I have a pitched nerve that makes my hand tremble and when I get nervous, they tremble a lot. It was much of a challenge to continue to play so I decided to quit after three years but I sometimes wonder where I would be at if I did continue. How much different my life would have turned out if I did continue to play. My condition didn't stop my love for music, musicals and singing. I do love going to musicals especially Musical Ballet performances, like the Nutcracker is one of my personal favorites. I do have on my Bucket list to attend an Opera in Europe someday. 😊





4 comments:

  1. What a cute pup! I have a friend with familia tremors, and she keeps plugging away playing the ukulele. It is not too late to get back to playing an instrument. It isn't about perfection, particularly when you are doing it for yourself (not school driven). It is about enjoyment, connection and communication.

    ReplyDelete

Music Serves as a Societal Role - Exploring Music that Impact Society and Inspires Change in Politics

Thesis Music inspires change and influences political stance in a variety of different ways. Exploring Music "This Land is your Land&qu...