Saturday, April 6, 2024

ROLE OF THE PERFORMER - LINDSEY STIRLING

 


Basic Information

  • Composer: Lindsey Stirling 
  • Born: Santa Ana, California
  • Date of Birth: September 21, 1986

Musical Journey

                Lindsey Stirling is a violinist, dancer and composer based in Utah. Her focused genres are hip hop, electronic, classical and dubstep. She started on youtube in 2007 and then continued to blow up on her channel with millions of views. She does many cover songs of classical music and orchestra compose music as well. She went on 'America's Got Talent' in 2010, "at the age of 23, Stirling was a quarter-finalist on season five of America's Got Talent, where she was described as a hip hop violinist. She impressed the judges not only by mixing hip-hop, pop, and classical music on the violin, but by incorporating dancing with playing the violin, which she also does on her tours and official music videos." 
                    She started to go on tour from 2012-2013. She has been going on tour ever since. She has won many awards and was nominated for 'Top Dance/Electronic Album. She continues to release albums and does make really cool music videos as well. Below is her website if you would like to check out what she has on there with tickets and touring and some more information about her life.

Purpose

                   I believe the purpose of this Artist music is to provide insight on how beautiful focusing on not just performing one talent but multitude at once and be able to make classical music modern. I think Lindsey Stirling is very talented Artist that tries to shed light to other beautiful composers music that gives a modern touch with also an insight on how beautiful it sounds with a string instrument. 

Opinions

                  I learned about Lindsey Stirling when she first performed on America's Got Talent and I was so impressed on how she made classical music sound so modern and beautiful. Her talent for the violin is very expressive and I just love the music she plays to the melody, and harmony of the violin. She dances as she performs which I can't comprehend how talent she is to do that with a violin. She is able to stabilize herself with the music as well as dance and sing too. Her pitch on the music instrument is very good and her voice is also an instrument that she does well as she performs. 
                

                She is a very talented artist that I do enjoy listening to. I listen to her music when I am reading as my background music to the story. I would love to watch her perform and hopefully will. I did hear a rumor, by someone up in UAF decision board that Lindsey Stirling was suppose to be the original Artist of last year to Perform for the 2023 Spring-fest Concert that happens at the Student Recreation Center each year. I was devastated she was not the performer and I wish she was because I would have loved to have seen her perform. This could be false information but I had my hopes very high for her to perform. Disclaimer the videos I added below can be a corny music videos but the song is definitely worth listening to. I also only added music that she is performing but she does have music where she does sing and it's equally as beautiful as her performing with the violin.

Videos

                    Below I added one of my personal favorite videos of her doing the Phantom of the Opera cover. I absolutely love this video and I love her performance in it. She does capture the aesthetic in the music video very good and I think it definitely is a different type of style of music for how classical the cover is. 


                Another song that I love and I do listen to a lot on my free time is is 'Transcendence.' Her music, the song she performs takes you to another world, a world where the music dances and sounds elegant and beautiful. This is what that song does to me, takes me to a different place.


The last song that I will be adding on my blog is another one of my favorites that she performs very beautifully is 'Halleluja.' She does this cover song very well and I think it's so beautiful on the violin. 



References

                    “Lindsey Stirling.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 2 Apr. 2024, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Stirling#Filmography. Accessed 06 Apr. 2024.
                   
                     “Lindsey Stirling.” Vogue, thevogue.com/artists/lindsey-stirling/. Accessed 06 Apr. 2024.






2 comments:

  1. I've also listened to Lindsey Stirling for a long time. I think my favorite song that she has done is "Shatter Me". Her talent to sing, dance, and play violin is truly incredible. Playing an instrument is something that takes a lot of focus and effort, then you add in the difficulty and physical strain of dancing, it's really cool. From what I've seen, she is definitely someone who embodies the role of a performer perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a big fan of Lindsey Stirling. When she became popular she showed many other musicians like me that violin and cello doesn't have to be classical music it can be hip-hip and fun. The only thing I noticed was missing was the musical elements such as dynamics which she uses all the time as her songs go from very soft to loud. If you like Lindsey, I would recommend 2Cellos a cello group that plays songs like thunderstruck and more hip-hop.

    ReplyDelete

Music Serves as a Societal Role - Exploring Music that Impact Society and Inspires Change in Politics

Thesis Music inspires change and influences political stance in a variety of different ways. Exploring Music "This Land is your Land&qu...